Job Description – Graduate Environmental Service Engineer (2 positions)
|Job Title:||Graduate Environmental Service Engineer|
|Reports to:||Regional Operations Supervisor.|
|Location:||Field Based, will be expected to travel within the region (allocated to) and nationally.|
|Salary:||Will be dependent up on age and experience, overtime is payable.|
|Working Hours:||Monday – Friday, including some weekend working and overtime as required.|
As a Graduate Environmental Engineer you will work under the direct supervision of the Regional Operations Supervisor, but will equally be expected to work on your own and as a part of the regional team.
There is a requirement for significant travel within the Region and occasionally within the UK.
This position has no direct reports.
The duties will include, but are not be limited to, working within the guidance provided by ACOP L8 and associated company documents, and guidance, to ensure that any plant worked on is safe and free from the risks presented by Legionella.
You will be expected to:
- Install and maintain water treatment and chemical dosing equipment.
- Inspect, service and repair components of the water treatment plant including water tanks, pipes, hot water storage vessels, chemical treatment equipment controls, boilers, heat exchangers and valves.
- Conduct regular inspections of the physical plant as instructed.
- Follow a preventative maintenance program as instructed.
- Ensure mobile equipment is in good working order.
- Make recommendations for major repairs to the physical plant and mobile equipment.
- Recommend the purchase of goods and equipment.
- Maintain personal equipment & chemical stocks inventories.
- Provide written reports as required.
- Ensure records are maintained.
- Undertake plumbing tasks as required on both domestic and commercial premises.
You will also be expected to undertake any other duties associated to the output of the Regional Team as required.
As a graduate you will be expected, as required to undertake project work as Directed by the CST & Operations Manager, who will be overall responsible for your CPD. During your initial training period with the Company you will be exposed to all aspects of the Company’s work which will be aimed at helping you determine your ultimate direction in the company.
Nominally, the hours of work are Monday to Friday 8.00am to 5.00pm, but early starts may be required, with a requirement to work overtime that will include some weekend work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
In addition to holding a degree, in a suitable discipline (Environmental Science, Business, or Science subject), applicants would benefit from some knowledge of ACOPL8 and associated HSG 274, and Health Care Technical Memorandum 04/01. Full training will be provided in these areas.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Teamwork skills
- Client service skills
- Personal administration skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision making skills & negotiations skills
- literacy skills including the ability to read manuals
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Time management skills
Applicants must also demonstrate the following personal attributes: maintain standards of conduct
- Be respectful, possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Excellent time keeping skills
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org