IOSH Legionella Management – 2-day &1-day scheduled health & safety courses across the country
This exclusive IOSH Legionella Management course provides an in-depth overview of the risks posed by legionella bacteria and the tools available to evaluate and control them effectively. The 2-day programme is designed to give delegates a thorough insight into their legal obligations regarding legionella management and the principal factors that need to be considered when performing a legionella risk assessment. Click the button below to view our IOSH Courses
IOSH Legionella Management – 2-day scheduled health & safety courses across the country
INCLUDES LATEST CHANGES RELEASED IN THE NEW HSG 274
In association with ISAC (UK) Ltd Hydro-X is offering this exclusive IOSH Legionella Management course which provides an in-depth overview of the risks posed by legionella bacteria and the tools available to evaluate and control them effectively.
The 2-day programme is designed to give delegates a thorough insight into their legal obligations regarding legionella management and the principal factors that need to be considered when performing a legionella risk assessment. Through a combination of tutor instruction and practical exercises, you will develop key skills in:
- Best practiceapproaches to managing legionella bacteria
- The main components of an effectivepreventive maintenance plan
- The requirements of a successful water sampling programme
A final written assessment will ensure that participants leave the course with the ability to perform their legionella management and management of service providers effectively.
New for 2015
Refresher courses (contact us for more details)
Accredited refresher course – This course will serve as an accredited refresher that is suitable to those that have already successfully completed the above IOSH Legionella Management course. Duration 1.5 days.
Non-accredited refresher course – This course will serve as a non-accredited refresher suitable for those who wish to remain updated but are unable to commit the time for an accredited refresher course. Duration 0.5 days.
Suitability – Who should attend?
This IOSH Legionella Management course is suitable for engineers and managers with responsibilities related to legionella management.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Successful completion of this course results in the delegate gaining an IOSH Accredited Certificate in Legionella Management for Responsible Persons. In addition, this course can also result in CPD hours towards maintaining your membership at your professional institute.
This course covers the following topics:
- Epidemiology of legionnaire’s disease
- Ecology and microbiology of legionella
- Health and safety legislation
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations (MHSWR)
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (CoSHH)
- L8 Approved Code of Practice –Including the updates (HSG 274) released December 2013
- Conducting a legionella risk assessment – a practical approach
- Hot and cold water systems
- Cooling towers
- Other water systems, including spa pools and humidifiers
- Building design
- Engineering controls, chemical/ionisation water treatment, water sampling/monitoring
- Maintenance programmes
- Record keeping
- Risk management and costs