Aims of the Course
On the completion of our Asbestos Awareness Course you will have:
- Understanding of the dangers associated with asbestos
- Understating of the poor health caused by asbestos
- Knowledge of how to complete an asbestos risk assessment
- Knowledge of the necessary emergency procedures
Who is our Asbestos Awareness Course suitable for?
This course covers all areas of Asbestos Awareness. This course is a variation on our Asbestos Awareness Course that contains specific information for Architects and Designers
Course Information and Details
Asbestos is probably the most dangerous building material ever used. Every year thousands of people fall ill and die because of exposure to asbestos and it was widely used by the construction industry right up until the year 2000.
The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 apply to employers, employees, self-employed persons and duty holders and cover all work with asbestos-containing materials.
Regulation 10 of CAR states that every employer must ensure that adequate information, instruction, and training is given to employees who are liable to be exposed to asbestos. This includes maintenance workers and others who may come into contact with or disturb asbestos.
Our asbestos training will provide you with the necessary knowledge and understanding about the risks of working with asbestos.
The course is divided into 5 video-based interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end of each. There is no time constraint on each module, and you may save your progress at any point.
- Properties and Risks of Asbestos Exposure – introduction to asbestos, where asbestos can be found, ill health from exposure to asbestos
- Different Types of Asbestos – what are the different types of asbestos
- Avoiding the Risks from Asbestos – identifying risk, risk assessment, recording findings, who may be at risk
- An Outline of Asbestos Legislation – regulation and legislation linked to asbestos, the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012, employer and employee responsibility
- Content for Architects and Designers – specific content aimed at designers and architects
Asbestos Awareness Course Assessment
Duration 75 minutes.
This is based on the amount of video content shown. It does not account for time answering the questions.
At the end of each module, you will have a number of multiple choice questions to answer based on the content that has been presented to you.
You have 3 attempts to pass each module. If you fail after 3 attempts, the module becomes locked and will need to be unlocked by an administrator. You have 3 ‘unlocks’ over the duration of the course. If you use your 3 ‘unlocks’ you will be deemed to have failed the course and no further attempts will be given.
On successful completion of our Asbestos Awareness Course, a printable certificate will be made immediately available to you to download via our training portal. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
Most people complete this course in 90 minutes
Approved by IATP and RoSPA
Online access 24/7
Instantly download your certificate on completion