Aims of the Course
On the completion of out Basic Online Fire Safety Training and Awareness Course you will have:
- An understanding of the common causes of fire in the workplace
- An understanding of how to reduce and prevent the risk of fire within the workplace
- An understanding of what to do in the event of a fire – how to report a fire, what action to take on discovering a fire, evacuation procedure and assembles points
Who is our Fire Safety Training and Awareness Course suitable for?
Our Online Fire Safety Training is suitable for all employees. The course is aimed at providing employees with the knowledge and training required in identifying and reducing the risk fire presents in the workplace.
This course is a variation on the Basic Fire Safety Awareness course that contains information that is specific to employees of care and residential homes.
Course Information and Details
This course will provide candidates with a general understanding of basic fire awareness including what should be done in the event of a fire, how to prevent a fire occurring and a basic introduction of the protocol of extinguishing a fire.
Current legislation, The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, applies to all workplaces regardless of the number of employees and requires employers to provide adequate training in fire awareness for all members of their staff.
Our online fire safety training courses are aimed at all employees to assist them in identifying and reducing the risk that fire presents in the workplace.
The course is divided into 5 video-based interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end of each. There is no time constraint on each module, and you may save your progress at any point.
- Chemistry of Fire
- Common Causes of Fire – Fire safety in the workplace, potential hazards that may cause a fire in the workplace
- Basic Safety Features in Buildings – emergency routes and exits, fire safety signs, emergency lighting, fire alarm and warning systems
- Introduction to Fire Extinguishers
- What to do in Case of Fire? – what to do in the event of a fire, how to report a fire, fire alarm system, and evacuation procedures
Basic Fire Safety Training and Awareness Care Home Assessment
Duration 60 minutes
This is based on the amount of video content shown. It does not account for time answering the questions.
At the end of each module, you will have a number of multiple choice questions to answer based on the content that has been presented to you.
You have 3 attempts to pass each module. If you fail after 3 attempts, the module becomes locked and will need to be unlocked by an administrator. You have 3 ‘unlocks’ over the duration of the course. If you use your 3 ‘unlocks’ you will be deemed to have failed the course and no further attempts will be given.
On successful completion of our Fire Safety Training and Awareness Course, a printable certificate will be made immediately available to you to download via our training portal. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
Most people complete this course in 80 minutes
Approved by IFE, RoSPA, CPD
Online access 24/7
Instantly download your certificate on completion