Aims of the Course
On the completion of the Online DSE assessment course online you will:
- Understand the importance of DSE health and safety
- The ability to complete a DSE risk assessment on own workstation – workstation assessment
- Understand how to set up a workstation in lines with DSE legal regulations
- Awareness of DSE hazards and risk
- The ability to implement control and prevention strategies
Who is our DSE Assessment Course suitable for?
This Display Screen Equipment Assessment course is aimed at companies who employ users of display screen equipment, or DSE as it’s often called, and is intended to be completed by those who will be assessing the DSE setups of employees.
Course Information and Details
The first thing most people think of when talking about Display Screen Equipment is a computer monitor, but that’s not the only thing it refers to.
Display screen equipment could also mean laptops, tablets, PCs, televisions, smartphones, CNC control pads, portable diagnostic screens or equipment containing cathode ray tubes, (CRTs).
The Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations contain special directives covering DSE safety.
Both employers and employee‐users have responsibilities under the legislation.
This workstation assessment fulfils your statutory training obligations and covers among other things, the correct way to set up and use your display screen equipment safely, reducing the risk of work related conditions.
The course is divided into 15 video-based interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end of each. There is no time constraint on each module, and you may save your progress at any point.
- Introduction – What do we mean by display screen equipment?
- Legislation – The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Protecting Your Body
- Adjusting Your Chair
- Adjusting Your Screen
- Work Arrangements – How to set up your workstation, Workstation assessment
- Adjusting the Layout of Your Workstation
- Adjusting Your Work Environment
- Risk Assessment Overview
- Principles of Sensible Risk Management
- Key Health and Safety Legislation
- DSE Hazards and Risks
- DSE Assessments/DSE training
- Control and Prevention Strategies
- Practical Element
Display Screen Equipment Assessment Course
Duration 110 minutes
This is based on the amount of video content shown. It does not account for time answering the questions.
At the end of each module, you will have a number of multiple choice questions to answer based on the content that has been presented to you.
You have 3 attempts to pass each module. If you fail after 3 attempts, the module becomes locked and will need to be unlocked by an administrator. You have 3 ‘unlocks’ over the duration of the course. If you use your 3 ‘unlocks’ you will be deemed to have failed the course and no further attempts will be given.
On successful completion of our Display Screen Equipment Assessment Training Course, a printable certificate will be made immediately available to you to download via our training portal. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
This course is approved by IIRSM (International Institute of Risk & Safety Management) as providing quality and content-approved training.
Most people complete this course in 130 minutes
Approved by IIRSM
Online access 24/7
Instantly download your certificate on completion