Aims of the Course
On the completion of our Online Emergency First Aid at Work Course you will have the knowledge to (or refresh your knowledge to):
- Understand first aid regulations
- Perform a primary assessment on the casualty
- Provide CPR if required to a casualty
- Put a casualty in the recovery position
- Effectively care for anyone who requires first aid including, but not limited to; chocking, wounds, bleeding, shock, burns, eye irritation and injuries, fractures
- Care for casualties suffering from allergic reactions, asthma, epilepsy, diabetes, nose bleeds, heart attacks and strokes
Who is our Emergency First Aid at Work Course suitable for?
This online first aid at work course is suitable for anyone who wants to learn First Aid or refresh their existing First Aid skills.
Please note: this course is advised to be refreshed annually.
Course Information and Details
It is strongly advised by the HSE (Health and Safety Executive) for first aiders to attend a yearly first aid at work refresher courses.
Our first aid at work training will update you on current changes in first aid as well as provide further expertise and confidence in realistic situations.
In serious situations a first aider’s role is to assess the scene so that accurate information can be passed on to the emergency services, then the first aider must act appropriately to try and increase the patient’s odds of survival.
Having up-to-date first aid training increases a first aider’s expertise and knowledge in dealing with a causality.
The course is divided into 15 video-based interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end of each. There is no time constraint on each module, and you may save your progress at any point.
- What is First Aid? – health and safety regulations, the first aid box and the aim of first aid, the importance of first aid at work training
- Barriers, ABCDs and the recovery position
- CPR and AEDs – how to correctly and safely administer CPR for adults, children, infants and individuals with defibrillators
- Spinal Injuries
- Head Injuries
- Managing an Incident & Record Keeping
- Burns & Scalds
- Electric Shock
- Eye Injuries
- Anaphylaxis and Diabetes
- Heart Attack & Stroke
Emergency first aid at work course Assessment
Duration 150 minutes
This is based on the amount of video content shown. It does not account for time answering the questions.
At the end of each module, you will have a number of multiple choice questions to answer based on the content that has been presented to you.
You have 3 attempts to pass each module. If you fail after 3 attempts, the module becomes locked and will need to be unlocked by an administrator. You have 3 ‘unlocks’ over the duration of the course. If you use your 3 ‘unlocks’ you will be deemed to have failed the course and no further attempts will be given.
On successful completion of our Emergency First Aid at Work Course, a printable certificate will be made immediately available to you to download via our training portal. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
This course is approved by IIRSM (International Institute of Risk & Safety Management) as providing quality and content-approved training.
Most people complete this course in 180 minutes
Approved by IIRSM
Online access 24/7
Instantly download your certificate on completion