Aims of the Course
On the completion of our Fire Marshal Training you will have:
- An understating of the role of a fire marshal/fire warden in the workplace
- A greater understanding of the risk posed by fires – current fire statistics
- Knowledge of the common causes of fire and how to prevent a fire from starting – preventative measures
- Fire extinguisher training – understand the different types of Fire Extinguisher available and how to use these correctly dependent on the type of fire
- An understanding of fire drill and evacuations procedures – what to do in the event of a fire
- Requirements for a fire plan
Who is our Fire Marshal Training Course suitable for?
Our fire awareness training is suitable for all employees. The course is aimed to provide employees with the knowledge and training required in identifying and reducing the risk fire presents in the workplace.
Course Information and Details
This online course provides fire awareness training and fire extinguisher training for employees to become a Fire Marshal. Fire Marshals (fire wardens) are trained to assist in an emergency fire evacuation.
It is a legal obligation that workplaces must have a sufficient number of fire marshals to deal with fire emergencies. The course provides extensive knowledge of fire prevention, evacuation protocol and how to use fire extinguishers.
The course is divided into 16 video-based interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end of each. There is no time constraint on each module, and you may save your progress at any point.
- Chemistry of Fire
- Common Causes of Fire – potential hazards that may cause a fire in the workplace
- Basic Safety Features in Buildings – emergency routes and exits, fire safety signs, emergency lighting, fire alarm and warning systems
- Introduction to Fire Extinguishers – fire extinguisher training
- What to do in Cases of Fire?
- Fire Statistics
- Current Fire Safety Legislation
- Fire Risk Assessment – identifying a hazard, who may be harmed by the hazard, the risks, recording findings, reviewing and taking action on the findings
- Preventative Measures
- Safety Features within Buildings
- Role of the Fire Marshal
- Action on Fire Discovery
- Fire Drills and Evacuation – evacuation plan, roles and responsibilities in an evacuation
- Fire Extinguishers – the different types of fire and fire extinguisher
- Pre-Engagement Action
- Using a Fire Extinguisher – how to safely and correctly use a fire extinguisher
Fire Marshal Training Assessment
Duration 220 minutes.
This is based on the amount of video content shown. It does not account for time answering the questions.
At the end of each module, you will have a number of multiple choice questions to answer based on the content that has been presented to you.
You have 3 attempts to pass each module. If you fail after 3 attempts, the module becomes locked and will need to be unlocked by an administrator. You have 3 ‘unlocks’ over the duration of the course. If you use your 3 ‘unlocks’ you will be deemed to have failed the course and no further attempts will be given.
On successful completion of our Fire Marshal Training Course, a printable certificate will be made immediately available to you to download via our training portal. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
Most people complete this course in 240 minutes
Approved by RoSPA and CPD
Online access 24/7
Instantly download your certificate on completion