1 Day Course
Classroom or Remote Delivery For Your Convenience
City and Guilds Certification
(normally within 48hrs)
Aims of this (ACoP L8) Legionella Training Course
On completion of this Legionella Training Course you will:
- Know how Legionella bacteria enter water systems and how we may contract legionnaires’ disease.
- Understand Legionella bacteria.
- Know conditions that Legionella favour for proliferation.
- Understand aerosol generation and its importance in legionella control.
- Know the basics behind the ACOP L8 and HSG 274.
- Know the importance of the management pathway.
- Know the basics behind a Legionella Risk Assessment.
- Know the importance of the written scheme.
- Know the systems that represent a reasonably foreseeable risk.
- Know inspection / monitoring practises of hot and cold-water systems.
Who is our (ACoP L8) City and Guilds Legionella Awareness Training Course suitable for?
This Legionella Awareness Training Course is suitable for:
- Anyone who is involved in water system hygiene control
- Anyone who may be exposed to aerosols created from water systems
- Experienced staff who have not undergone Legionella Awareness Training for several years and require a refresher
This Legionella Awareness course represents the minimum level of Legionella training that you may require if you meet one of the above criteria.
Course Information and Details
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has guidelines and instructions (ACop L8 and HSG 274) that specifically state that lack of Legionlla training is a key causative factor in Legionella outbreaks, and in controlling the risk associated with managing water systems.
This Legionella Awareness Training Course has been designed for those involved in water system hygiene control or users of water systems that can become exposed to aerosol created from them.
This Legionella course covers the very basics of Legionella Risk Control and can meet company and legislative compliance requirements.
This Legionella course fully complies with the latest updates and changes of the ACoP L8, and HSG 274.
Our dedicated Legionella Awareness Training is available across the UK. You can select from a range of dates and locations or alternatively we can come to you!
We offer an on-site training option, whereby our specialist Legionella Trainer comes to your site. The on-site course is ideal for 6 or more delegates. Please CLICK HERE to enquire about this facility.
Alternatively, if location and time is an issue for you, why not explore our REMOTE ACCESS LEGIONELLA AWARENESS COURSE – these live Legionella courses are run by Specialist Trainers who deliver exactly the same course that is delivered in a classroom, but structured as a live 3hr remote delivery course. Successful completion of our remote access Legionella course will also result in full City and Guilds Accreditation.
**Please note that once a course is booked, payment is taken immediately as confirmation of booking, and is normally non-refundable
The course covers 11 topic areas, with interactive quizzes throughout to aid learning.
- Legionella bacteria – Conditions that allow Legionella bacteria to proliferate in water systems
- Illnesses caused by Legionella bacteria
- Who is more susceptible to Legionnaires Disease – The factors that may increase the risk of an individual contracting Legionnaires Disease
- The different ways Legionella bacteria can enter the lung – Known routes of transmission
- Biofilm – and materials suitable to line water vessels
- ACOP L8 and HSG 274 – recommendations and compliance
- Stages involved in the implementation of a Management Pathway
- Risk Assessment – circumstances that should lead to a review of the Legionella Risk Assessment
- Written Scheme – what is a written scheme?
- Cooling Systems – a review of the functions and associated risks
- Temperatures – the HSE recommendations for the management of Hot & Cold-water systems
Duration 1 day, including assessment. Typically 10am-4pm
This Legionella Awareness Training Course is delivered in a classroom environment in the form of Trainer explanation, group discussion, videos, practical classroom exercise, and breakout sessions.
At the end of the Legionella training each delegate undertakes a multiple choice assessment consisting of 20 questions, with 15 correct answers achieving a pass grade (75%).
Where facilities permit, assessment is completed online to enable faster processing of results and certification.
On successful completion of this Legionella Awareness Training you will receive a City and Guilds Accredited Programme Certificate.
A digital certificate will be made available for you to download normally within 48hrs of successfully completing this course.
Paper copies of certificates can be supplied subject to a small administration fee.