Available Classroom Legionella responsible Person Training Courses
Please review below the currently available course dates and venues.
Please do CONTACT US if the below do not suit your requirements.
1 Day Course
City and Guilds Certification
(normally within 48 hrs)
Classroom Or Remote Delivery For Your Convenience
Who is our City and Guilds Legionella Responsible Person Training Course (Hot & Cold Water Systems) suitable for?
This Legionella Training Course is suitable for:
- Any member of staff who may become a ‘Legionella Responsible Person’.
- Any member of staff who may become a ‘Legionella Deputy Responsible Person’.
- Any member of staff who may become a ‘Legionella Duty Holder’.
- Engineers and Managers with other responsibilities related to Legionella Risk Management
- Health and Safety professionals who are responsible for performing Legionella Risk Assessments
No previous Legionella Training experience is required to complete this course, although this would potentially be an advantage. If you are interested in pre-learning for this course, please take a look at our LEGIONELLA AWARENESS COURSE (HXT-01)
If you have Evaporative Cooling Systems, or other high risk systems, please see our LEGIONELLA RESPONSIBLE PERSON TRAINING FOR HOT & COLD, AND COOLING SYSTEMS (HXT-03) which adds an additional day to this training course, covering these additional systems.
Aims of the Course
On successful completion of this Legionella Responsible Person Training Course, you will develop or reinforce your knowledge of:
- The legislation, Health and Safety at Work Act, HSE ACoP L8 & HSG274 part 2
- The role and duties of the Legionella Responsible Person and Legionella Duty Holder
- The Legionella compliance requirements of your organisation
This will enable you to:
- Better comply with the “ACoP L8 Fourth edition” code of practice and HSG 274 Technical Guidance.
- More effectively manage the risk associated with Legionella bacteria.
- Reduce the risk of associated moral / legal / financial implications associated with prosecution for poor legionella control
- Carry out simple Legionella Risk Assessments in Hot & Cold Water Systems
- Plan water sampling and testing programmes or critique contractors programmes
- Plan practical control and management of Legionella (Hot & Cold water) systems
- Design maintenance schedules to support the control systems
- Fulfil the role of a ‘Legionella Responsible Person’ or ‘Legionella Duty Holder’ in relation to Legionella control within Hot & Cold Water Systems
Course Information and Details
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has guidelines and instructions (ACop L8 and HSG 274) that specifically state that lack of Legionella Training is a key causative factor in Legionella outbreaks, and in controlling the risks associated with managing water systems.
This 1-day Legionella Training course is designed to give delegates a thorough insight into their legal obligations regarding Legionella management of hot and cold water systems, and the principal factors that need to be considered when actioning a legionella risk assessment and evaluating monitoring and compliance options.
A final assessment will ensure that participants leave our Legionella Responsible Person Training course with the ability to perform their Legionella management duties, and the management of service providers effectively.
This City and Guilds Legionella Training Course is deliverable face to face at one of our training centres up and down the country (please see dates and venues above), or alternatively, the course can be completed online via a 3hr live, remote training session: ONLINE LEGIONELLA RESPONSIBLE PERSON TRAINING (HXT-02)
The content is exactly the same as that covered in our classroom course, but done in the comfort of your own home or office, and you still receive the same City and Guilds Accredited Programme certificate on successful completion.
For other accredited courses, please view our full range of City and Guilds Accredited Training Programmes HERE.
**Please note that once a course is booked, payment is taken immediately as confirmation of booking, and is normally non-refundable
- Pre-course assessment of legionella awareness to refresh knowledge
- Know the importance of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and relevant sections
- Know the importance of the COSHH regulations and relevant sections
- Know the reporting of legionnaires disease under RIDDOR
- Understand the Consultation with Employees Regulations 1996
- Know the roles of the Legionella Responsible Person, Legionella Deputy Responsible Person, and Legionella Duty Holder
- Know what should be included in the Legionella Risk Assessment
- Know when a Legionella Risk Assessment should be reviewed and why
- Know what makes a person competent and the importance of training.
- Understand the primary aim of the Legionella Control Association.
- Know what is in a written/control scheme and how to implement it
- Know the importance of water system design and commissioning
- Know the Water Regulations in relation to legionella control
- Understand the importance of a good schematic diagram
- Know how to interpret microbial sample results
- Know the importance of record keeping
Duration 1 day, including assessment. Typically 10am-4pm
This Legionella Responsible Person Course is delivered in a classroom environment in the form of Trainer explanation, group discussion, videos, practical classroom exercise, and breakout sessions.
At the end of the training each delegate undertakes a multiple choice assessment consisting of 20 questions, with 15 correct answers achieving a pass grade (75%).
Where facilities permit, assessment is completed online to enable faster processing of results and certification.
On successful completion of this Legionella Responsible Person Training Course you will receive a City & Guilds Accredited Programme Certificate.
A digital certificate will be made available for you to download normally within 48hrs of successfully completing this course.
Paper copies of certificates can be supplied subject to a small administration fee.