Aims of the Course
On completion of our Online Level 2 Food Safety Course you will:
- Have an understanding of food hygiene hazards – the importance of food safety
- Be able to identify safe food practices
- Understand the requirements for high-level standards of food hygiene
- Know how to effectively explain food safety management systems
Have an understanding of how to fulfill all legal obligations for food hygiene
Who is our Food Safety Training Course suitable for?
Level 2 Awards in Food Safety Training are suited for anyone working in a catering, manufacturing or retail setting where food is prepared, cooked and handled. Typical environments may include:
- Pubs, hotels, restaurants
- Supermarkets and retail environments
- Food and drink manufacturers
- Care homes
Course Information and Details
Both food handlers and their employers have ato manage Food Safety. These obligations are set out by a number of EU and UK Laws.
These laws state that food handlers must make sure that food which is prepared, cooked, served or sold, is safe for human consumption. Failing to follow food safety standards can cause food to become contaminated with potentially fatal consequences.
Training your employees with our food safety course will go a long way to giving them greater awareness of the dangers that poor food safety standards pose, as well as covering how food safety risks actually arise and how to control and prevent them.
This particular course focuses on the Food Manufacturing sector, but we also have other versions of this course for the Manufacturing and Retail sectors
The course is divided into 4 video-based interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end of each. There is no time constraint on each module, and you may save your progress at any point.
- Food Safety Legislation – European and UK regulations, food handler training requirements. The enforcement of food safety laws, prosecution and Food Hygiene ratings.
- Hazards from Delivery to Service – The most common causes of food poisoning, understanding and recognising the symptoms of food positioning, prevention of food poisoning out breaks, controlling temperatures, high and low risk foods
- Risk Control (Prevention of Contamination) – Cross contamination, food storage, food distribution and delivery, food labelling, use by and best before dates, how to take food temperatures
- Pests, Premises and People – Prevention of pests, waste management, importance of cleaning activities, cleaning schedule, and the importance of personal hygiene.
Level 2 Food Safety Course (Manufacturing) Assessment
Duration 75 minutes. This is based on the amount of video content shown. It does not account for time answering the questions.
At the end of each module, you will have a number of multiple choice questions to answer based on the content that has been presented to you.
You have 3 attempts to pass each module. If you fail after 3 attempts, the module becomes locked and will need to be unlocked by an administrator. You have 3 ‘unlocks’ over the duration of the course. If you use your 3 ‘unlocks’ you will be deemed to have failed the course and no further attempts will be given.
On successful completion of our Level 2 Food Safety Training Course, a printable certificate will be made immediately available to you to download via our training portal. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
This course is approved byas providing quality and content-approved training.
Most people complete this course in 90 minutes
Approved by RoSPA and CPD
Online access 24/7
Instantly download your certificate on completion