How Our Online Legionella Awareness Training Works
All of our ‘Learn Anywhere‘ Legionella Courses are delivered via an innovative and user-friendly live web-conferencing platform. You don’t have to have a supercomputer to use it, or even be very good with IT – in fact our platform works just as well on a tablet device as it does on a laptop or PC – think Skype with lots of bells and whistles that allow you to fully engage with the trainer and the learning content, and even take your assessment electronically right at the end of the course.
After you’ve completed purchasing this course we will contact you within 24hrs to book a date and time for your Legionella Training, which is typically conducted on a Monday or a Friday – am and pm – but we are always willing to be flexible subject to availability.
If your requirement is more urgent, or you just want to discuss the course, please don’t hesitate to contact us, or continue reading for further details.
If you’re still not sure if this course is right for you, we’re always on hand to guide you to the right option.
3hr ‘Learn Anywhere’ Remote Course
City and Guilds Certification
(normally within 48 hrs)
Face to Face or Online Options to Suit You
Who is our City and Guilds Online Legionella Responsible Person Training, Hot and Cold Water Systems suitable for?
This Online Legionella Responsible Person Training Course is suitable for:
- Any member of staff who may become a ‘Legionella Responsible Person’ for the management of Legionella
- Any member of staff who may become a ‘Deputy Legionella Responsible Person’ for the management of Legionella
- Any member of staff who may become a ‘Legionella Duty Holder’ for the management of Legionella
- Engineers and Managers with other responsibilities related to Legionella Management
- Health and Safety professionals who are responsible for performing Legionella Risk Assessments
No previous Legionella Training experience is required to complete this course, although this would potentially be an advantage. If you are interested in pre-learning for this course, please take a look at our ONLINE LEGIONELLA AWARENESS COURSE (HXT-01)
If you have Evaporative Cooling Systems, or other high risk systems, please see our Legionella Training: Role of the Responsible Person of Hot and Cold Water, and Cooling Systems (HXT-03) course.
Aims of the Course
On successful completion of this Online Legionella Responsible Person Training Course, you will develop or reinforce your knowledge of:
- The legislation, Health and Safety at Work Act, HSE ACoP L8 & HSG274 part 2
- The role and duties of the Legionella Responsible Person and Duty Holder
- The Legionella compliance requirements of your organisation
This will enable you to:
- Better comply with the “L8 Fourth edition” code of practice and HSG 274 Technical Guidance.
- More effectively manage the risk associated with Legionella bacteria.
- Reduce the risk of associated moral / legal / financial implications associated with prosecution for poor legionella control
- Carry out simple Legionella Risk Assessments in Hot and Cold Water Systems
- Plan water sampling and testing programmes or critique contractors programmes
- Plan practical control and management of Legionella (Hot and Cold water) systems
- Design maintenance schedules to support the control systems
- Fulfil the role of a ‘Legionella Responsible Person’ or ‘Duty Holder’ in relation to Legionella control within Hot and Cold Water Systems
Course Information and Details
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has guidelines and instructions (ACop L8 and HSG 274) that specifically state that lack of Legionella Training is a key causative factor in Legionella outbreaks, and in controlling the risks associated with managing water systems.
Our City and Guilds Online Legionella Responsible Person Training Course is unique in that we are able to deliver high quality trainer-based tuition remotely via our online live training platform.
This means that if you need trainer-guided learning in Legionella, but you don’t have the time to wait for and attend a physical training venue, you can book onto the 3hr live remote session that suits you – all delivered by our fully qualified trainers.
The content is exactly the same as that covered in our classroom courses, but done in the comfort of your own home or office, and you still receive the same City and Guilds Accredited Programme certificate.
For alternate accredited courses, please view our full range of City and Guilds Accredited Training Programmes HERE.
**Please note that once a course is booked, payment is taken immediately as confirmation of booking, and is normally non-refundable
- Pre-course assessment of the awareness of legionella to refresh knowledge
- Know the importance of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and relevant sections
- Know the importance of the COSHH regulations and relevant sections
- Know the reporting of legionnaires disease under RIDDOR
- Understand the Consultation with Employees Regulations 1996
- Know the roles of the Legionella Responsible Person, Legionella Deputy Responsible Person, and Legionella Duty Holder
- Know what should be included in the Legionella Risk Assessment
- Know when a Legionella Risk Assessment should be reviewed and why
- Know what makes a person competent and the importance of training.
- Understand the primary aim of the Legionella Control Association.
- Know what is in a written/control scheme and how to implement it
- Know the importance of water system design and commissioning
- Know the Water Regulations in relation to legionella control
- Understand the importance of a good schematic diagram
- Know how to interpret microbial sample results
- Know the importance of record keeping
3hr training session with a multiple choice assessment
This Online Legionella Responsible Person Training Course is delivered LIVE via an online webinar whereby delegates will form part of a small group participating jointly in the training. The core of the training takes the form of Trainer explanation and presentation, Q and A, videos, and assessment.
At the end of the course, the delegate undertakes a multiple choice assessment consisting of around 20 questions. A 75% pass grade is required.
PLEASE NOTE: this is an exclusively ONLINE course, therefore, you must have a reliable internet connection.
On successful completion of this Online Legionella Responsible Person Training Course you will receive a City and Guilds Accredited Programme Certificate.
A digital certificate will be made available for you to download normally within 48hrs of successfully completing this course.
Paper copies of certificates can be supplied subject to a small administration fee.