Aims of the Course
On completion of this Safeguarding Children Course you will:
- Understand the meaning of safeguarding
- Have the ability to identify the warning signs of abuse, and the different types of abuse
- Know how to effectively respond when you have concerns for a child
- Know how to act if given information about the abuse from the child
- Know the importance of reporting all your concerns to the professional, understand what happens with the report raised as a higher level
- Understand the necessity of accurate and coherent record keeping
Who is our Safeguarding Children Training Course suitable for?
This Safeguarding and Protecting Children Course is suitable for anyone who is required to complete this training as part of their job role.
Everyone has a responsibility to keep children and young people safe. All organisations that come into contact with children are required to have safeguarding policies and procedures in place.
This includes but not limited to voluntary, community organisations, faith groups, private sector providers, schools, hospitals and sports clubs.
Course Information and Details
Safeguarding children describes the work and process undertaken to minimise and manage the risk of abuse to vulnerable children.
During this Safeguarding Children online course you will be shown a video including facts, figures and details surrounding the risk to children. Throughout the course you will learn how to recognise the different types of abuse and learn the key safeguarding legislation put in place to minimise the abuse of children.
Everyone, regardless of their age, gender, religion, ethnicity or background has the right to a healthy, happy life. Safeguarding is about minimising and managing the risks to vulnerable individuals.
Our child safeguarding course, is aimed at anyone who has a duty of care for, or comes into contact with children in their chosen profession.
Safeguarding Children Course Content
The course is divided into 5 video-based interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end of each. There is no time constraint on each module, and you may save your progress at any point.
- Introduction to Safeguarding Children – what is meant by safeguarding children and why it’s so important, your responsibilities and how safeguarding children is important to your job role
- Types of Abuse, who may carry it out and why children may not tell – current statistics, the different categories of abuse physical, emotional, sexual, and neglect.
- How to Recognise the Signs of Abuse – How to effectively recognise the signs and indicators of abuse
- What to do if you suspect a child is being abused – how to report abuse, your responsibilities, reporting concerns about a professional, what to do if your concerns aren’t taken seriously, what to report, the next steps and what happens next
- Safeguarding Legislation
Safeguarding Children Course Assessment
Duration 75 minutes. This is based on the amount of video content shown. It does not account for time answering the questions.
At the end of each module, you will have a number of multiple choice questions to answer based on the content that has been presented to you.
You have 3 attempts to pass each module. If you fail after 3 attempts, the module becomes locked and will need to be unlocked by an administrator. You have 3 ‘unlocks’ over the duration of the course. If you use your 3 ‘unlocks’ you will be deemed to have failed the course and no further attempts will be given.
On successful completion of our Safeguarding Children Course, a printable certificate will be made immediately available to you to download via our training portal. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
This course is approved byas providing quality and content-approved training.
Most people complete this course in 90 minutes
Approved by CPD
Online access 24/7
Instantly download your certificate on completion