Aims of the Course
On the completion of this Online Working at Heights Course you will:
- Have an understanding of working at heights – the importance of training, laws and regulations and control measures
- Have an understanding of the risks associated with working at heights – the factors that contribute to risk of working at heights
- Be able to describe the control measures used to reduce risk of working at heights
Who is our Working at Heights Course suitable for?
Our working at heights course is aimed at
It covers what constitutes working at height, the safety issues, working at height hazards and how to assess and reduce some of the risks.
Course Information and Details
All working at height situations are covered by health and safety legislation. Chief among these is the Work at Heights Regulations 2005.
These regulations confer legal duties on employers and employees to assess, control and minimize working at heights hazards and risks.
This Working at heights course covers topics including the dangers of working at heights, regulations, hierarchy of controls, assessing risk and much more.
The term ‘work at height’ applies to a wide range of situations ranging from the obvious ones like working on platforms, ladders, scaffolds or stages to working alongside deep trenches.
It’s crucial to understand ‘falls’ doesn’t just mean people falling from heights. If materials or equipment fall, that will obviously present an equally dangerous hazard to anyone below.
The working at heights course is divided into 10 video-based interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end of each. There is no time constraint on each module, and you may save your progress at any point.
- Introducing Work at Heights – the risks associated with working at heights, laws and legislation, control measure, the importance of working at heights training
- The Dangers of Work at Height – potential risks, working at height hazards
- The Work at Height Regulations
- Summary of Duty Holder’s Responsibilities
- Employer’s Responsibilities
- The Hierarchy of Control
- Avoiding Work at Height Wherever Possible – Alternative possibilities
- Prevent Risk of Falls – appropriate equipment, reduction or risk, training
- Minimise Consequences
- The Risk Assessment
Duration 105 minutes. This is based on the amount of video content shown. It does not account for time answering the questions.
At the end of each module, you will have a number of multiple choice questions to answer based on the content that has been presented to you.
You have 3 attempts to pass each module. If you fail after 3 attempts, the module becomes locked and will need to be unlocked by an administrator. You have 3 ‘unlocks’ over the duration of the course. If you use your 3 ‘unlocks’ you will be deemed to have failed the course and no further attempts will be given.
On successful completion of our Working at Heights Training Course, a printable certificate will be made immediately available to you to download via our training portal. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
This course is approved byas providing quality and content-approved training.
Most people complete this course in 120 minutes
Approved by RoSPA
Online access 24/7
Instantly download your certificate on completion