Coronavirus – What Are We Doing To Minimise Risk?Paul Wilson
Updated 29th April 2020
In response to the current COVID-19 (coronavirus) situation in the UK, I would like to take this opportunity to reassure you that Hydro-X Store has already taken a number of precautionary actions to ensure that we can continue offering the best service for you and your business while ensuring the safety of your staff and our team as far as reasonable practicable.
We are following all guidance and advice issued by HM Government and Public Health England.
Business As Usual
We are continuing to operate as normally as possible and are fulfilling our contractual obligations to our customers by continuing to deliver our products as close to on-time as possible.
The main impact on our service is delays in the supply chain owing to item shortages and distribution delays. On this basis we have disabled next-day delivery on all orders, and have live lead times on each product to indicate when you should expect to receive you items. For convenience we are noting this as WORKING DAYS.
PLEASE NOTE – where you have purchased multiple items of varying lead times, we will despatch your order as a single shipment based on the longest lead-time item.
We have disabled next-day delivery on all items as a precautionary measure, but if you have an emergency requirement please contact us directly and we may be able to despatch same day.
We thank all of our customers for their understanding in the current trading environment.
- We are following and reviewing public health agency advice on efficient ways to contain the virus.
- We are keeping up to date with government advice and adapting business plans to reflect changes.
- We are scaling up and down our response to new information to ensure a flexible and proportionate response.
- We are actively communicating these plans to employees, customers and suppliers.
- We are looking at options for staff to work remotely to prevent the spread of infection, and to ensure minimal interruption of day to day activities and continued support to our customers.
- We are reviewing policies and procedures on health reporting, office and personal hygiene protective equipment, social distancing, and working hours.
- We are providing additional training to those working in critical areas, so others have the skills to fill in for absent colleagues.
We have established a dedicated working group with representatives from across the business, who are monitoring the situation daily and meeting a minimum of twice weekly to discuss how we need to respond to the changing situation.
- Hand sanitiser and disinfection wipes are widely available across the business for our team and guests to use.
- We are encouraging our team to follow best hygiene practices as recommended by the World Health Organisation
To confirm, outside of protecting the health and safety of our colleagues and customers, our primary goal is to fulfil our contractual obligations to our customers by continuing to deliver the items you have purchased in a timely manner.
We supply predominantly compliance-based consumables, and so we strongly advise customers to buy just a little extra in case of the anticipated stock shortages to ensure their compliance works can be completed even during this difficult time.
If you would like to find out more information on dealing with the coronavirus outbreak, please see the current government information and advice here.
Hydro-X Store | Hydro-X Training