Private Coronavirus PCR Test Kit
UK Gov approved at home COVID-19 test to find out if you currently have coronavirus
- Quick results within 8 – 36 hours (via SMS text message)
- Instantly download your fit to fly certificate at no extra cost
- Order by 1pm for next day delivery
- Lowest price for any Covid-19 Tests Kit
- Saliva sample collected quickly and easily at home
- Proven to be more accurate and less invasive than a swab test*
- Easy for kids to use
- No need for medical staff
- Privacy protected
- One of the world’s first fully approved coronavirus saliva test kit
- A shelf life of 2 years
- Everything you need is included when you buy a Covid test kit
£82.99 (ex VAT)
HX Store’s Coronavirus Test Kit is one of the world’s first fully approved coronavirus saliva tests.
It uses the RT-PCR method and protocol defined by the US Centre for Disease Control (CDC)1. Additionally, UK-based laboratories extensively validated this Covid-19 test kit for the detection of coronavirus.
All tests are performed in our certified UK laboratories at the highest clinical standards. Buy a PCR Test Kit from Hydro-X to guarantee quality, with fast results.
How It Works
Coronavirus Private Test Kit Postage Information
If you buy a Covid-19 Test Kit before 1pm, you will be automatically eligible for next working day delivery.
Our business hours are Monday to Friday. Therefore, if you order before 1pm Friday, you should receive your Covid-19 Test Kit on Monday. However, ordering after 1pm on Friday means you will receive your test kit on Tuesday.
A FREE Royal Mail 24hr returns label is supplied in each kit. However, it is recommended that you do not use this label if you wish to send the sample to our lab faster. Instead, we suggest to upgrade to a next day 10am delivery via Royal Mail priority service. Otherwise, please use any other faster courier service if Royal Mail is unsatisfactory in your area. Please ensure the kit is sent to the address noted on the sample box.
How Long Does It Take to Get the Test Results?
Once the lab receives your saliva sample, expect to receive your results within 18 to 36hrs via SMS (text message). Fortunately, the majority of PCR Test Kit results come back within 20hrs. Upon receiving your text message result, you will also receive a downloadable report as evidence. This report will be accessible via an online portal. This can be used as a fit to fly certificate in some cases. However, we always recommend speaking with your travel destination and airline to check their specific requirements.
*If you are using this Coronavirus Test Kit to gain a fit to fly certificate, we STRONGLY recommended to arrange for a next day 10am delivery via Royal Mail. This is instead of using the included returns label. As a result, this ensures your test results are received in time for your flight.
Why choose our Covid-19 Test Kit?
1.Wylie. A, et al. Saliva is more sensitive for SARS-CoV-2 detection in COVID-19 patients than nasopharyngeal swabs. medRxiv 2020.04.16.20067835 (2020)
What Do the PCR Test Kit Results Show?
- Positive – This result accurately shows that the saliva sample contains SARS-CoV-2 RNA. Even if you are not experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms, please take precaution for self isolation and follow the NHS Guidelines.
- Negative – The saliva sample does not contain any detectable levels of SARS-CoV-2 RNA. Nonetheless, please be aware that you could have been previously infected by Covid-19. Additionally, continue to protect yourself and others as you could still be infected at a future date.
- Inconclusive – The saliva sample did not meet the requirements to successfully detect SARS-CoV-2 RNA. As a result, this should be treated clinically as Not Detected. However, this also means that there was partial detection of SARS-CoV-2, which means re-testing is recommended.
- Failed – This result means it was not possible to accurately process your test in the laboratory. This is normally due to an incorrect saliva sample being provided (i.e. not providing enough spit, not mixing with the stabilizing fluid or eating/drinking before the test). We recommended to buy a Coronavirus PCR Test Kit as soon as possible.
How Accurate Is the Coronavirus Saliva Test?
*The Coronavirus Saliva Test Kit has high sensitivity and accuracy to detecting the Covid-19 virus. Therefore, it is extremely unlikely to receive an inconclusive or failed result.
Our Covid Test Kit is validated as having 100% sensitivity at viral loads of 750 copies/ml (or greater) in vitro limit of detection (LOD) testing. In other words, a positive result was correctly called 100% of the time when 750 copies of synthetic viral RNA per ml were spiked into a saliva sample. This was using ISO approved RNA control spike-in material.
Typical transmissible viral loads, which cause infection, are usually several fold higher. This includes viral loads between 10,000 and 100,000,000 copies/ml usually seen in saliva samples of patients who test positive for SARS-CoV-2.2-4 As a result, there is a very low likelihood of falsely receiving a negative test result, while carrying coronavirus.
How Do You Protect Users’ Privacy?
When you buy a Coronavirus Test Kit with us, you can be assured user privacy is protected. With our experience in direct to consumer testing, HX Store take the user data privacy extremely seriously. We will never sell on your personal data.
We are fully compliant with the UK Data Protection Act (1998) and EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) legislation. Furthermore, our databases are all encrypted with (AES-256) and strict white list access only. In addition, user personal details are password protected and stored on secure servers.
UPDATE: UK Government Regulations now state that all coronavirus private test kit providers are mandated by law to report test results to Public Health England. This includes personal data on the person being tested. As a result, this enables individuals who test positive to be effectively transferred into the National Test and Trace system.
What’s in the Coronavirus Test Kit?
- Spital-capturing test tube
- Neutralising liquid to make safe the sample for transport (included in the test tube)
- Bio-hazzard transportation bag
- Pre-paid returns box for Royal Mail
- Clear instructions
Why You Might Need to Take a Coronavirus Test?
More people have turned to buy Covid-19 Tests Kits for at home use instead, as you cannot receive a free NHS test unless you have Covid-19 symptoms.
You may need to buy a Coronavirus Private Test Kit for these reasons:
- Seeing family and friends that have not been vaccinated
- Someone you’ve been in contact with has tested positive for coronavirus
- Identifying that you are fit to fly with a Covid-19 test
- Use as a coronavirus business test kit for organisations who wish to carry out periodic sampling of their workforce to proactively respond to any Covid-19 case incidences within the workplace
- Provides a method that guarantees both personal and group safety for workplace testing key workers
HX Store offers a full range of essential coronavirus protective equipment, such as:
Please get in touch if you have any further questions.