Covid-19 PCR Fit to Fly Test
- Quick results received within 8 – 36 hours (via SMS text message)
- Instantly download your FREE fit to fly certificate
- Order by 1pm for FREE next day delivery (Monday to Thursday)
- Lowest price for any Fit to Fly Covid Test and Certificate
- Saliva sample collected quickly and easily at home or business
- Proven to be more accurate and less invasive than a deep nasal (nasopharyngeal) swab test
- Easy for kids to use
- You can do this coronavirus private test yourself – no need for medical staff
- Privacy protected, all information given is confidential
- Government Approved RT-PCR Covid Fit To Fly Test
- A shelf life of 2 years, so you can buy a coronavirus test and use when you need to
- Application: Qualitative PCR test for detection of SARS-CoV-2 N/E genes (CE IVD compliant)
- Everything you need is included when you buy a coronavirus test kit with us
Fully approved Coronavirus Saliva Test Kit
HX Store’s PCR Fit to Fly Test is one of the world’s first fully approved saliva tests for the identification of the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
It has been extensively validated by a UK based laboratory for the detection of Covid-19. Additionally, all tests are performed at the highest clinical standards in our certified UK laboratories.
Benefits of Our Coronavirus Test Kit
1.Wylie. A, et al. Saliva is more sensitive for SARS-CoV-2 detection in COVID-19 patients than nasopharyngeal swabs. medRxiv 2020.04.16.20067835 (2020)
What’s Included in the Kit?
- Spital-capturing test tube
- Neutralising liquid to make safe the sample for transport (included in the test tube)
- Bio-hazzard transportation bag
- Pre-paid returns box for Royal Mail
- Clear instructions
How It Works
How Long Does It Take to Get the Test Results Back?
If you buy a Covid-19 PCR Fit to Fly Test Kit before 1pm, you will be automatically eligible for next working day delivery.
Our business hours are Monday to Friday. Therefore, if you order before 1pm Friday, you should receive your test kit(s) on Monday. However, ordering after 1pm on Friday means you will receive your kit(s) on Tuesday.
Though each kit is supplied with a pre-paid Royal Mail 24hr returns label, it is our STRONG recommendation that you take the test kit to the Post Office and arrange for a 10am next day delivery service to our laboratory. This ensures you get your test results back in time for your flight.
Once the sample is received at our lab, you can expect to receive your results within 8 to 36 hours, via SMS (text message).
Upon receiving your text message result, you will also be able to access a downloadable report as evidence for your airline. This can be used as a fit to fly certificate.
- Monday 11am – test kits ordered via our website
- Tuesday – test kits received by you before 4pm
- Tuesday – you return test-kits to Post Office, using a 10am next-day service
- Wednesday – Laboratory receives test kits before 10am
- Wednesday – Thursday by 10pm – you receive your results via text, and your downloadable Covid-19 PCR Fit to Fly Certificate
We strongly recommend purchasing the Covid-19 PCR Fit to Fly Test kits early, to avoid potential postal delays during this time. Our test kits have a use by date of 2 years so buy now and use in time for your flight.
What Do the Coronavirus Test Results Show?
- Positive – This result accurately shows that the saliva sample contains SARS-CoV-2 RNA. Even if you are not experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, please take precaution for self isolation and follow the NHS Guidelines.
- Negative – The saliva sample does not contain any detectable levels of SARS-CoV-2 RNA. Nonetheless, please be aware that you could have been previously infected by COVID-19. Additionally, you could still be infected at a future date, so continue to protect yourself and others.
- Inconclusive – The saliva sample did not meet the requirements to successfully detect SARS-CoV-2 RNA. This should be treated clinically as Not Detected. However, this also means that there was partial detection of SARS-CoV-2, which means re-testing is recommended.
- Failed – This result means it was not possible to accurately process your test in the laboratory. This is normally due to an incorrect saliva sample being provided (i.e. not providing enough spit, not mixing with the stabilizing fluid or eating/drinking before the test). We recommended taking another test as soon as possible.
This COVID-19 test detects whether or not you are currently carrying the SARS-CoV-2 virus. You may have heard this test also referred to as an antigen or PCR test. It detects the presence of genetic material, called RNA, which is specific to the SARS-CoV-2 virus. If you are currently infected with this, you will shed coronavirus particles containing viral RNA in your saliva. Therefore, test positive for COVID-19.
How Accurate Is the Saliva Test?
The saliva test has high sensitivity and accuracy to detecting the Covid-19 virus. Therefore, it is extremely unlikely to receive an inconclusive or failed result.
Our Coronavirus Test Kit is validated as having 100% sensitivity at viral loads of 750 copies/ml (or greater) in vitro limit of detection (LOD) testing. In other words, a positive result was correctly called 100% of the time when 750 copies of synthetic viral RNA per ml were spiked into a saliva sample (using ISO approved RNA control spike-in material).
Typical transmissible viral loads, which cause infection, are usually several fold higher. This includes viral loads between 10,000 and 100,000,000 copies/ml usually seen in saliva samples of patients who test positive for SARS-CoV-2.2-4 As a result, there is a very low likelihood of falsely receiving a negative test result, while carrying coronavirus.
How Do You Protect Users’ Privacy?
When you buy a COVID-19 test with us, you can be assured user privacy is protected. With our experience in direct-to-consumer testing, HX Store take the user data privacy extremely seriously. We will never sell on your personal data.
We are fully compliant with the UK Data Protection Act (1998) and EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) legislation. Furthermore, our databases are all encrypted with (AES-256) and strict white list access only. Additionally, user personal details are password protected and stored on secure servers.
UPDATE: UK Government Regulations now state that all private COVID-19 test providers are mandated by law to report test results to Public Health England. This includes personal data on the person being tested, to enable individuals who test positive to be effectively transferred into the National Test and Trace system.