- Designed for ACoP L8 tasks
- Choose from Budget | Basic | Pro
- Next day delivery available
- Manufactured In The UK
Hydro-X WTP CHP03 – Surface Disinfectant
Features of our surface disinfectant:
- 3% Hydrogen Peroxide blend – ready to use
- Proven effectiveness against Coronavirus
- Ready to use – no dilution required
- Much lower risk of staining than conventional chlorine bleach
- Highly versatile liquid
- Non-chlorine based and odourless
- Suitable for many different surfaces
- A safe, solution to disinfect hard surfaces
Please Select Size Required:
Delivery 1-2 working days
Orders Of £50 Or More Can Pay By Purchase Order Number At Checkout
Available On Most Products
PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE
On Like-For-Like Items *
Water Hygiene Control Supplies
Chat, Telephone, Email
- Kills bacteria and viruses including Coronavirus, Norovirus, Rotavirus, RSV, MRSA, and TB
- The fastest non-bleach disinfecting times available – contains hydrogen peroxide which breaks down into water and oxygen after Use
- No VOCs (volatile organic compounds) or harsh chemical fumes or odours – No chlorine bleach
- Supplied in 5L and 10L drums for ease of handling
Mode of Action
Hydrogen peroxide Surface Disinfectant works by producing destructive hydroxyl free radicals that can attack membrane lipids, DNA, and other essential cell components.
Catalase, produced by aerobic organisms and facultative anaerobes that possess cytochrome systems, can protect cells from metabolically produced hydrogen peroxide by degrading hydrogen peroxide to water and oxygen. This defence is overwhelmed by the concentrations used for disinfection.
Hydrogen peroxide is active against a wide range of microorganisms, including bacteria, yeasts, fungi, viruses, and spores.
The use of 0.5% Hydrogen Peroxide has been shown to provide >4log reduction in HCoV Strain 229E (CCV) between within 1 minute.
The effect of H2O2 on adenovirus types 3 and 6, adeno-associated virus type 4, rhinoviruses 1A, 1B, and type 7, myxo-viruses, influenza A and B, respiratory syncytial virus, strain Long, and coronavirus strain 229E was studied in vitro, using different H2O2 concentration and time of exposure. H2O2 in a 3 percent concentration inactivated all the viruses under study within 1–30 min.
Coronavirus and influenza viruses were found to be most sensitive. Reoviruses, adenoviruses and adeno-associated virus were relatively stable. H2O2 is a convenient means for virus inactivation.
Enveloped viruses such as Coronaviruses are the least resistant to inactivation by disinfection. The structure of these viruses includes a lipid envelope, which is easily compromised by most disinfectants. Once the lipid envelope is damaged, the integrity of the virus is compromised, thereby neutralizing its infectivity.
Under normal conditions, hydrogen peroxide is extremely stable when properly stored (e.g., in dark containers). The decomposition or loss of potency in small containers is less than 2% per year at ambient temperatures.
Commercially available 3% hydrogen peroxide is a stable and effective disinfectant when used on inanimate surfaces and works to prevent the spread of Coronavirus (and others).
This disinfectant products work well on surfaces such as stainless steel and many more – get in touch if you have any questions.