Legionella Testing Kit (Swab)
DIY Legionella Testing Kit For Testing Of Biofilm On Water Outlets And Surfaces
This is a single-use easy to use DIY Legionella testing kit for surfaces and water outlets that requires no previous training and provides results in just 25 minutes.
It detects Legionella Serogroup 1 at concentrations as low as 200 CFU/L from surfaces such as taps, showers, low use outlets, low flow systems, TMVs, hoses, sprinkler systems, vehicle washes, cooling tower spray bars, cooling tower sump, cooling tower packing and others.
Prolonged system stagnation often leads to a build-up of biofilm which protects Legionella and acts as a host. Research suggests that only 10% of Legionella bacteria is found in free-flowing water. The other 90% can be found in biofilm.
|Helps Control Risk||No Waiting For Lab Results||Easy To Use|
- Easy to use, no previous training required
- Accurate results in just 25 minutes
- Tests for Legionella bacteria SG1 even at low concentrations of 200 CFU/L
- All equipment required is contained in the kit
- Helps control the risks of exposure to Legionella bacteria
- Long shelf-life – approx. 18 months
Why Use Our – HX-LP25™ Legionella Swab Testing Kit?
- It provides an immediate picture of Legionella contamination risk, which allows you to make quicker, better-informed decisions about improving water quality.
- The rapid test helps you to maintain high service standards and protects you from reputational damage.
- The test helps to reduce public and employee health risk by minimising the time taken to identify Legionella.
- Recording test information while analysing data helps to create a complete picture of Legionella contamination risk and a roadmap to prevent future outbreaks.
- This responsible approach is not only the right thing to do, but it is also smart for your organisation. Long lawsuits, huge fines and reputational damage following an outbreak can quickly destroy your business.
Product Description – HX-LP25™ Legionella Swab Testing Kit
Our HX-LP25™ On-Site Legionella Swab Testing Kit is an invaluable product in routine legionella control, and in emergency response and control.
The test offers straightforward results on-site in just 25 minutes.
No waiting for lab results that can take 10-14 days, no transporting of samples, just test on-site at your convenience.
This form of testing is particular popular currently as facilities re-open following Coronavirus-related shutdowns.
Recommended for testing surfaces of:
- Showerheads, sinks, outlets
- Water tanks and cooling towers
- Air conditioning units, misters, sprinklers, humidifiers, spa pools and others
Sample Type: surface areas
Sample Area: 10 cm²
Sensitivity: 200 CFU per swabbed area
Pack Size: 1 or 5 Tests
This is everything that you need to complete the legionella test.
So What Does Our HX-LP25™ Legionella Swab Testing Kit Test For?
The kit tests for the presences of Legionella Pneumophila Serogroup 1, the variety of Legionella bacteria linked to the majority of Legionnaires Disease cases and outbreaks.
Our On-Site Legionella Test Kits should not be used as a substitute to regular laboratory testing to monitor legionella where it is required.
The test should only be used to give an immediate indication of the presence of Legionella bacteria (Legionella Pneumophila SG1).
How Does Our HX-LP25™ Legionella Testing Kit Work?
This is the world’s only genuine cost-effective ‘instant’ legionella water test, providing on-site results of potential legionella contamination.
The test can be fully conducted on-site , and requires no in-depth training or experience to carry out.
Our all-inclusive kit tests specifically for legionella pneumophila serogroup 1 (SG1) – the variety of legionella bacteria responsible for the vast majority of Legionnaires’ disease cases.
Critically, our HX-LP25™ test is sensitive at low concentrations – 200 CFU/L.
Our HX-LP25™Legionella Swab Testing Kit is used to support existing legionella management procedures. While the testing kit should not wholly replace laboratory analysis for legionella water testing, or dipslide sampling for bacteria, it is an approved and ideal monitoring tool to aid in maintaining a healthy water system through regular, quick, reliable legionella bacteria testing.
Water Testing, Water Hygiene Products
Hydro-X Store is a one-stop-shop for water hygiene and legionella control consumables.
UK Manufactured ISO 9001 Standard
Our Dipslides range is manufactured in the UK under strict clinical conditions and in accordance with the ISO 9001 Quality Standard
Large Range For Any Application
Regardless of what you wish to test for, we will have a solution for you
Low Cost, High Value Products
With a focus on value for money, we provide the best prices in the market.
Delivery 2-5 working days due to Covid demand
Choose Pack Size: