Job Title: Air Hygiene Engineer
Reports To: Regional Operations Supervisor
Location: Field Based, will be expected to travel within the region and nationally
Employment: Full time
Salary: Dependent on experience, overtime is payable
Working Hours: Monday – Friday, including some weekend working and overtime as required
As an Environmental Engineer you will work under the direct supervision of the Regional Operations Supervisor, but will equally be expected to work on your own and as a part of the regional team.
There is a requirement for significant travel within the Region and occasionally within the UK.
This position has no direct reports.
The duties will include, but are not be limited to, working within the guidance provided by TR19 and associated company documents, and guidance, to ensure that any plant worked on is safe and free from the risks.
You may be expected to undertake some or all the work below:
- Carry out kitchen extract system cleaning in accordance with TR19.
- Carry out ventilation system cleaning in accordance with TR19.
- Installation of access doors into ventilation system in accordance with DW144.
- Carry out inspection of the Fire dampers in accordance with BS9999
- Conduct regular inspections of the physical plant as instructed.
- Follow a preventative maintenance program as instructed.
- Make recommendations for major repairs to the physical plant.
- Recommend the purchase of goods and equipment.
- Maintain personal equipment & chemical stocks inventories.
- Provide written reports as required.
- Ensure records are maintained.
You will also be expected to undertake any other duties associated to the output of the Regional Team as required.
The hours of work are Monday to Friday with a requirement to work overtime that will include some weekend work.
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Ventilation systems management in accordance with TR19.
- Ventilation cleaning techniques in accordance with TR19
- Fire damper testing and issue reporting in accordance with BS9999.
- Access doors installation in accordance with DW144.
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent air hygiene knowledge
- Ability to operate and maintain ventilation systems
- Hold a recognized qualification, not essential.
- Teamwork skills
- Client service skills
- Personal administration skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Decision making skills & negotiations skills
- literacy skills including the ability to read manuals
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Time management skills
The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Maintain standards of conduct
- Be respectful, possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Excellent time keeping skills