Job Title: Environmental Service Engineer – Water
Reports To: Regional Operations Supervisor
Location: Field Based, will be expected to travel within the region (allocated to) and nationally
Employment: Full time
Salary: Dependent on experience, overtime is payable
Working Hours: Monday – Friday, including some weekend working and overtime as required
As an Environmental Engineer you will work under the direct supervision of the Regional Operations Supervisor, but will equally be expected to work on your own and as a part of the regional team.
There is a requirement for significant travel within the Region and occasionally within the UK.
This position has no direct reports.
The duties will include, but are not be limited to, working within the guidance provided by ACOP L8 and associated company documents, and guidance, to ensure that any plant worked on is safe and free from the risks presented by Legionella.
You may be expected to undertake some or all of the work below:
- Install and maintain water treatment and chemical dosing equipment.
- Inspect, service and repair components of the water treatment plant including water tanks, pipes, hot water storage vessels, chemical treatment equipment controls, boilers, heat exchangers and valves.
- Conduct regular inspections of the physical plant as instructed.
- Follow a preventative maintenance program as instructed.
- Ensure mobile equipment is in good working order.
- Make recommendations for major repairs to the physical plant and mobile equipment.
- Recommend the purchase of goods and equipment.
- Maintain personal equipment & chemical stocks inventories.
- Provide written reports as required.
- Ensure records are maintained.
- Undertake plumbing tasks as required on both domestic and commercial premises.
You will also be expected to undertake any other duties associated to the output of the Regional Team as required.
The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8.00am to 5.00pm with a requirement to work overtime that will include some weekend work.
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Water systems management in accordance with ACOP L8 and associated HSG 274.
- Water sampling techniques in accordance with ACOP L8 and HSG 274
- Water sampling and Testing in accordance with BSRIA
- Cold Water Storage Tank Cleaning and maintenance of Cooling towers in accordance with ACOP L8 and HSG 274
- Cold Water Storage Tank T inspection procedures accordance with ACOP L8 and HSG 274
- Good knowledge of plumbing, heating and electrical systems
- Dosing of Closed water systems with water treatment chemicals
- Cleaning and maintenance of Cooling towers in accordance with ACOP L8 and HSG 274
- Water treatment plant operation and maintenance including pumps, valves, chemical treatment systems, etc.
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent water treatment knowledge
- Ability to operate and maintain water treatment & cooling tower systems
- Hold a recognised plumbing qualification, not essential.
- Teamwork skills
- Client service skills
- Personal administration skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision making skills & negotiations skills
literacy skills including the ability to read manuals
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Time management skills
The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Maintain standards of conduct
- Be respectful, possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Excellent time keeping skills