FIRE DOOR INSPECTION ENGINEER
Pay: £23,000 – £29,000
Working hours: Monday – Friday, including some weekend working and overtime as required
Why would YOU want to join Hydro-X?
At Hydro-X we want to look after and reward our staff. We strive to secure the development and promotion of our employees to ensure they can stay with us for a long time and be happy in their position. As part of this, a new training program is coming online which will mean that new starters will receive free City & Guilds training in their work area, helping you to grow and develop with the company.
To keep up with the expansion of our business and despite the pandemic and related lockdowns, we are still on course to grow by 25%!
You will also have the potential to substantially increase your income with our generous overtime policy and will be provided with a company vehicle, mobile phone, and tablet (where applicable)
Other benefits for our staff include incentivised discretionary bonuses, Free Westfield Health after 2 years, and My Hydro-Xtra which provides access to rewards, discounts, cashback, free counselling services, and a mental health & wellbeing hub.
Your responsibilities as a Water Hygiene Technician:
The duties will include, but are not be limited to:
- Conduct regular inspections of the fire doors as instructed
- Follow a preventative maintenance program as instructed
- Make recommendations for major repairs to the fire doors
- Recommend the purchase of goods and equipment
- Maintain personal equipment & materials stocks inventories
- Provide written reports as required
- Ensure records are maintained
All applicants are required to work within the guidance provided by RRO 2005 Order and associated company documents, and guidance, to ensure that any plant worked on is tested, compliant, safe and free from risks.
You will also be expected to undertake any other duties associated to the output of the Regional Team as required.
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Passive fire stopping in accordance with The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- Fire damper testing and issue reporting in accordance with BS9999.
Why would WE want you to join Hydro-X?
- We’re looking for people that are organized, punctual, and have a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- We’re looking for enthusiastic people who have a willingness to learn new skills to better yourselves and Hydro-X
- We’re looking for good communication skills, as well as people who are equally comfortable working alone as they are within a team
- People who want to progress and develop their career within the industry
Please note: Hydro-X operate a zero tolerance drugs policy for all our employees and we do conduct random drug testing at regular intervals.
- Company vehicle & fuel card
- Company events
- Company pension
- Referral program
- Store discounts
- Bike to work scheme
Hydro-X are an equal opportunity employer, and we follow non-discriminatory practices.