|Job Title:||Graduate Environmental Service Engineer|
|Reports To:||Regional Operations Supervisor|
|Location:||Field Based, will be expected to travel within the region and nationally|
|Employment:||Permanent – full time|
|Working Hours:||Monday – Friday, including some weekend working and overtime as required|
As a Graduate Environmental Engineer, you will work under the direct supervision of the Regional Operations Supervisor, but will equally be expected to work on your own and as a part of the regional team.
There is a requirement for significant travel within the Region and occasionally within the UK with a fully funded vehicle.
This position has no direct reports.
The duties will include, but are not be limited to, working within the guidance provided by ACOP L8 and associated company documents, and guidance, to ensure that any plant worked on is safe and free from the risks presented by Legionella.
You will be expected to:
- Conduct water analysis on cooling towers systems, steam boilers and closed systems, recording and interpreting results in line with current legislation and conducting appropriate remedial actions.
- Install and maintain water treatment and chemical dosing equipment.
- Inspect and service water treatment plant including water tanks, pipes, hot water storage vessels, chemical treatment equipment controls, boilers, heat exchangers and valves.
- Follow a preventative maintenance program in line with the appropriate approved code of practice as instructed.
- Make recommendations for major repairs to the physical plant and mobile equipment.
- Maintain personal equipment & chemical stocks inventories.
- Interpret results and provide written reports in line with the appropriate code of practice
- Ensure that on site records are maintained in line with the scope of works.
- Conduct legionella risk assessments in line with ACOP L8 and BS8580 and produce a written report recommending remedial actions.
- Conduct Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) and Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) inspections and produce written reports in line with current legislation.
As a graduate you will be expected, as required to undertake project work as Directed by the CST & Operations Manager, who will be overall responsible for your CPD. During your initial training period with the Company you will be exposed to all aspects of the Company’s work which will be aimed at helping you determine your ultimate direction in the company.
Nominally, the hours of work are Monday to Friday 8.00am to 5.00pm, but early starts may be required, with a requirement to work overtime that will include some weekend work.
Training & Development Path. (Based on achievement)
Accredited Legionella awareness training.
Accredited Legionella for Responsible person training
Accredited Water Management training.
QP15 legionella Management training.
Legionella Control Association Training Courses.
Water Management Society Training.
Cooling Tower chemistry.
Boiler water chemistry.
Closed system analysis training.
Accredited Domestic system legionella risk assessment training.
Accredited Cooling Tower legionella risk assessment training.
Indoor Air quality Training.
LEV analysis training.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The successful applicant should be educated to degree level in a suitable discipline (Environmental Science, Engineering or Science subject), applicants would benefit from some knowledge of ACOPL8 and associated HSG 274, and Health Care Technical Memorandum 04/01. Full training will be provided in these areas.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Teamwork skills
- Client service skills
- Personal administration skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Decision making skills & negotiations skills
- literacy skills including the ability to read manuals
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Time management skills
Applicants must also demonstrate the following personal attributes: maintain standards of conduct
- Be respectful, possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Excellent time keeping skills
Possible career Path (Based on achievement & ability)
Senior Engineer – OTE £35,000 PA.
Legionella Risk Assessor – OTE £38,000 PA.
Air Quality Consultant – OTE £38,000.
Regional Operations Supervisor / Manager – OTE £45,000
Account Manager – OTE £50,000+
To apply for the position please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hydro-X has been around since 1984, and year on year has grown significantly, now with offices all over the country, and supplying air hygiene and water treatment services to over 800 blue chip customers and smaller businesses.
Hydro-X is a successful independently owned business in the industry that continues to grow profitably.
We have an excellent reputation as an employer that looks after and rewards its staff – more than 20% of our company has been with us for more than 10 years!