Do You Need a Legionella Risk Assessment?
All buildings where work is undertaken require employers and those with a legal duty to identify and assess any risk from Legionella. Our dedicated Legionella Control specialists are fully trained to advise on all aspects of Legionella Risk Assessments and Legionella Testing.
- Do large numbers of people use your building e.g. greater than 20?
- Do you have cooling towers or evaporative condensers?
- Does your water system contain a tank or hot water storage vessel?
- Do you have problems keeping your hot water temperatures greater then 50 degrees?
- Are parts of your building unused for periods of greater than a week?
- Do you have taint or taste issues with your water?
ACoP L8 states that a reasonably foreseeable risk of exposure to Legionella bacteria exists in:
- Water systems incorporating a cooling tower;
- Water systems incorporating an evaporative condenser;
- Hot and cold water systems; and
- Other plant and systems containing water which is likely to exceed 20̊ C and which may release a spray or aerosol (i.e. a cloud of droplets and/or droplet nuclei) during operation or when being maintained.
It is essential that your risk assessment is kept up to date to protect your employees, customers and residents and also to protect yourself from prosecution.
Hydro-X offer Legionella Risk Assessments for the control of Legionella. As a founder member of ACOP L8, the Health and Safety Executive Approved Code of Conduct, we offer high quality Legionella Risk Assessments which provide compliance without compromise.
Our Legionella Risk Assessments are provided to you in an easy to read format with clearly defined action plans to ensure that you understand how to implement a rigorous routine for Legionella Control.