AIR HYGIENE ENGINEER
Location: Field based, will be expected to travel within region and nationally
Working hours: 45 hours per week, some weeks will be working days, others will be night working and some weekend work will be required. Schedulers aim to plan jobs up to 3 weeks in advance where possible
Salary: £20,000.00-£22,000.00 per year
For an Air Hygiene Engineer, this role offers security, competitive pay, bonuses and overtime, door to door payment, sick pay, life assurance, career development and much more.
The main part of your role will be to assist the Lead engineer on delivering ventilation, ductwork cleaning and other air hygiene services to our customers.
Full training and personal development plan will be provided for the successful applicant.
We will consider applications for those living in Enfield or surrounding areas such as Broxbourne and Cheshunt
No experience within the air hygiene sector is required but is advantageous and the role would very much suit someone wanting to work in a hands-on role. This can be a physically demanding job and could be a great match for someone who has previously worked in a facilities management, construction, mechanical engineering, or industrial cleaning role.
Hydro-X Air comprises of dedicated teams of two working remotely to deliver ventilation, ductwork cleaning and other air hygiene services to our customers.
Your Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Kitchen extract and ventilation system cleaning in accordance with TR19 Grease.
- Working safely with oils, fluids, and lubricants
- Ensure service sheets and documentation is completed and issued on time.
- Supporting the Lead with inspection of the Fire dampers in accordance with BS9999
- Assist on Installation of access doors into ventilation system in accordance with DW144.
Your Skills and personal attributes
The appointee must demonstrate the following:
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Teamwork skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Literacy skills including the ability to read manuals
- Personal Attributes
- Be respectful, possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible
- Excellent time keeping skills
What happens next – your career move made simple
1. Apply now to be consider for the role
2. If you meet the requirements, you will then be contacted by our recruitment team for an informal pre-screening call.
3. Suitable applicants will then be invited to a video interview
4. Interview feedback within 4 working days
Successful applicants will be welcomed into the business on our 2 day induction at our head office where you will be issued with all the necessary equipment to complete the jobs, you will have branded workwear, a company tablet, and phone.
Please note that we are a drugs free company and complete a drugs test on the first day of employment.
Hydro-X are an equal opportunity employer, and we follow non-discriminatory practices
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- cleaning: 1 year (preferred)
- Driving Licence (required)