The Power of Hydro-Safe Chlorine Dioxide Generator
One of our clients in the Cambridgeshire region had continued presence of legionella bacteria in their domestic water system, all system remedials had been remediated arising from the legionella risk assessment. However, the system continued to periodically present legionella bacteria.
The challenge was to eradicate legionella bacteria in their water system. Hydro-X had carried out various disinfections and whilst this worked at the time of the disinfection, it became apparent that this approach only worked for a couple of months, with legionella being isolated again. We needed a robust plan for this client to continually control bacteria growth in the system.
Our Hydro-Safe Chlorine Dioxide Generation system was installed to provide peace of mind that the system was constantly dosed with Chlorine Dioxide to always meet with the Quality Assurance PPM levels of the client during production. This was maintained at 0.4 – 0.6ppm with quality checks carried out daily. In addition to this, the Hydro-Safe and all its safety features provided peace of mind to the client that the generation of Chlorine Dioxide was done the safest way possible.
The Hydro-Safe Safety Features include:
1. The generator is self-contained and is fitted with a gas sensor, which will activate and shut the unit down.
2. Chlorine dioxide is produced with a batch process. The reaction process takes place at atmospheric pressure. An active carbon filter prevents potential exhalations.
3. The Generator is designed so that the reaction to produce chlorine dioxide takes place in a reaction chamber. A multifunction valve guarantees the safety of the process
4. Alarms: products – water – emptying
5. Double chamber: reaction and storage
6. 3 metering pumps: red HCl pump – blue NaCLO2 pump – grey ClO2 pump, to eliminate any cross contamination when service is carried out.
With the installation of our Hydro-Safe system, this uses digital dosing technology which achieves straight line dosing rather than the peaks and troughs of outdated proportional dosing Chlorine Dioxide technologies. The Hydro-Safe system is also able to generate greater than 98.6% stability, which means that consent limits for chlorite and chlorate are not compromised adhering to the DWI Limits of Drinking Water.
By installing our Hydro-Safe generation system it has provided the site with peace of mind that the bacteria is being controlled and since installation, no Legionella Bacteria has been isolated.