Aims of the Course
On the completion of our Online Fire Extinguisher Training Course you will:
- Understand how to ensure the workplace meets all fire safety regulations
- Understand how to eliminate the risk of fire within the workplace
- Understand the causes of fire in the workplace and measure to reduce this risk
- have an awareness of the different types of fire and the different types of fire extinguishers required
- Understanding of the fire safety procedure/arrangements – fire detection, reporting of a fire, alarm system, evacuation routes and assembly points
- The ability to pass fire extinguisher training
Who is our Fire Extinguisher Training Course suitable for?
The online course is suitable for all employees. The course is aimed to provide employees with the knowledge and training required in identifying and reducing the risk fire presents in the workplace.
Course Information and Details
Current legislation, The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, applies to all workplaces regardless of the number of employees and requires employers to provide adequate training in fire awareness for all members of their staff.
Our online fire safety training courses are aimed at all employees to assist them in identifying and reducing the risk that fire presents in the workplace.
At the end of the final module, you will be presented with a simulation that will test what you’ve learned.
This fire extinguisher training course provides training in the use of different types of fire extinguishers and the protocol of tackling a fire.
The course is divided into 11 video-based interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end of each. There is no time constraint on each module, and you may save your progress at any point.
- Chemistry of Fire
- Common Causes of Fire – potential hazards that may cause a fire in the workplace
- Fire Basic Safety Features in Buildings – emergency routes and exits, fire safety signs, emergency lighting, fire alarm and warning systems
- Introduction to Fire Extinguishers
- What to do in Cases of Fire?
- Fire Statistics
- Current Fire Safety Legislation
- Fire Risk Assessment – identifying a hazard, who may be harmed by the hazard, the risks, recording findings, reviewing and taking action on the findings
- Preventative Measures
- Safety Features within Buildings
- Role of the Fire Marshal
Fire Extinguisher Training Assessment
Duration 25 minutes
This is based on the amount of video content shown. It does not account for time answering the questions.
At the end of each module, you will have a number of multiple choice questions to answer based on the content that has been presented to you.
You have 3 attempts to pass each module. If you fail after 3 attempts, the module becomes locked and will need to be unlocked by an administrator. You have 3 ‘unlocks’ over the duration of the course. If you use your 3 ‘unlocks’ you will be deemed to have failed the course and no further attempts will be given.
On successful completion of our Fire Extinguisher Training Course, a printable certificate will be made immediately available to you to download via our training portal. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
Most people complete this course in 35 minutes
Approved by RoSPA and CPD
Online access 24/7
Instantly download your certificate on completion