Legionella Responsible Person Training Including Cooling Systems
Designed to give delegates a thorough insight into their legal obligations regarding Legionella Management, along with the principal factors that need to be considered when actioning a legionella bacteria risk assessment. In addition to evaluating water treatment options for hot, cold and cooling water systems.
Legionella Responsible Person Training Overview
This course satisfies the requirements of the ACoP L8 for fulfilling the role of the Responsible Person. It is designed for those involved in managing the risk of legionella bacteria in hot and cold water systems, with cooling towers. Furthermore, this Legionella Responsible Person Training gives delegates a thorough insight into their legal obligations regarding legionella management. This include evaluating, monitoring and compliance options. All of which need to be considered when actioning a legionella risk assessment. In addition to this, candidates will leave with an understanding of the risk of moral, legal and financial implications associated with poor control of legionella bacteria.
A final assessment will ensure that participants leave our Legionella Responsible Person Training with the ability to perform their management duties of service providers effectively.
- Pre-course assessment of legionella awareness to refresh knowledge
- Awareness of cooling systems
- Know the importance of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and relevant sections
- Know the importance of the COSHH regulations and relevant sections
- Know the reporting of legionnaires disease under RIDDOR
- Know the HSE guidance documents
- Know the Water Regulations in relation to legionella control
- Understand the Consultation with Employees Regulations 1996 & Notification of cooling towers and evaporative condenser regulations
- Know the roles of the Responsible Person and Duty Holder
- Know what should be included in the Legionella Risk Assessment
- Know what makes a person competent and the importance of training
- Understand the primary aim of the Legionella Control Association
- Know when a Legionella Risk Assessment should be reviewed and why
- Know what is in a written/control scheme and how to implement it
- Know the importance of water system design and commissioning
- Understand the importance of a good schematic diagram
- Know how to interpret microbial sample results
- Know the importance of record keeping
- Know the process of cleaning and disinfection of cooling systems
- Develop or reinforce knowledge of HSE ACOP L8 and HSG274 part 2
- The role and duties of the Responsible Person and Duty Holder
- Compliance with the “L8 Fourth edition” code of practice and HSG 274 Technical Guidance
- More effective management of the risk associated with legionella bacteria
- Reduced risk of associated moral, legal and financial implications associated with prosecution for poor legionella control
At the end of the legionella training each delegate undertakes a multiple choice assessment consisting of 20 questions, with 15 correct answers achieving a pass grade (75%).
Where facilities permit, assessment is completed online to enable faster processing of results and certification.
On successful completion of this Legionella Responsible Person Training you will receive a City and Guilds Accredited Programme Certificate.
A digital certificate will be made available for you to download normally within 48hrs of successfully completing this course.
Paper copies of certificates can be supplied subject to a small administration fee.
This will need renewing every 2 years.
3 Ways to Learn Legionella Responsible Person Training
LIVE Virtual Classroom
Experienced trainer delivers the course LIVE ready to answer all of your questions
Exact same course as the face-to-face training
No software or IT skills required
No travel required
City and Guilds Accredited Certification included
For 5 learners or more
Dedicated trainer for the duration of the course
Better suited to those who prefer face-to-face training
Tailor the course to your companies needs
City and Guilds Accredited Certification included
Who is Legionella Responsible Person Training Including Cooling Systems suitable for?
- Any member of staff who may become a ‘Legionella Responsible Person’ with high risk cooling systems
- Any member of staff who may become a ‘Legionella Deputy Responsible Person’ with high risk cooling systems
- Any member of staff who may become a ‘Legionella Duty Holder’ with high risk cooling systems
- Engineers and Managers with other responsibilities related to Legionella Management and high risk cooling systems
No previous Legionella Training experience is required to complete this course, although this would be an advantage. If you are interested in pre-learning for this course, please take a look at our Legionella Awareness Course.
If you DO NOT have cooling or high risk water systems, please see our Legionella Responsible Person Training (HXT-02) Course.
About Legionella Responsible Person Training
Classroom and On-site
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has guidelines and instructions (ACop L8 and HSG 274) that specifically state the lack of Legionella Training is a key factor in Legionella outbreaks and in controlling the risks associated with managing water systems.
This Legionella Responsible Person Training Course with Cooling Systems is the 2-day version of our HXT-02 Legionella Responsible Person Course, as this course spends the additional day covering high-risk systems, such as Evaporative Cooling Towers. If you have such systems YOU MUST complete this course rather than the 1-day course.
This City and Guilds Legionella Responsible Person Course with Cooling Systems is delivered in a classroom environment at one of our nationwide training centres or on-site at your premises. Alternatively, this course can be completed online via 2 x 3hr live remote training sessions.
Live Virtual Classroom
All of our ‘Learn Anywhere‘ Legionella Courses are delivered via an innovative and user-friendly live virtual classroom platform. Our platform works just as well on a tablet, laptop or PC. Foremost, you can fully engage with the trainer throughout the course. We are here to offer you support even before and after the course is finished.
If you want to discuss the course, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re always on hand to guide you to the right option.