Delegates complete practical exercises that involve the management, application and control of documentation. There is an emphasis on hands on experience wherever this is possible.
In addition, delegates can bring with them any materials used by their own employer, copies of risk assessments or management systems. This is so they can see how their materials fit in to the context of the training.
Who Would Benefit From Taking This Course?
This course is for Skilled Persons and prospectively persons in supervisory roles who have a requirement to work to company-specific safety rules and procedures for mechanical systems.
Choose your learning style
For 5 learners or more
Dedicated trainer for the duration of the course
Better suited to those who prefer face-to-face training
Tailor the course to your company’s needs
- Requirements of statutory regulation/legislation
- Roles and duties of key personnel – AP Mechanical – P in C Mechanical, and Skilled Persons Mechanical
- An introduction to mechanical safety rules and procedures
- Review of system components and associated dangers. Mechanical systems risk assessment
- Safe methods of isolation
- Creating, documenting and enforcing safe working procedures
- Greater understanding and compliance with legislation
- Better communication with colleagues
- Compliance with legislation
- Better documentation, communication and enforcement of safe working procedures
Assessment is by written paper on an isolation documentation exercise.
A Competent Persons Mechanical Course Certificate will be provided upon successful completion.
This will need refreshing every 3 years.