Hydro-X respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data.
Hydro-X is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as Hydro-X, “we”, “us”, “our” in this privacy notice). All Information collected and stored by us will be utilised within the operational requirements of our business operations.
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
How we handle our customers privacy
GDPR offers specific rights in relation to information and how it is utilised. We have appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) to process all requests relating to your rights.
This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
This privacy notice addresses the areas as detailed below:
- The types of information we collect
- How we collect and use information
- How we may share your information and why
- How long we will keep information
- Your rights to your information
- Who has access to your data
1.The types of information we collect
Our declaration on information we will collect is that it will be utilised in the normal course of business at Hydro-X to allow for the processing and fulfilment of your order or contract allowing us to deliver our products and services.
This information may include basic personal data such as:
- Your first name/surname
- Your billing/delivery address
- Your email address
- Your contact telephone number
- Your job title
- Your bank account and payment card details
- Your IP address
- Your purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses
2. How we collect and use information
We use personal information to conduct, refine and develop our business, provide information and support for products and services. Also, to better understand your needs, personalise communications and ensure the best quality service experience.
If we are unable to collect personal data and information we may not be able to provide products and services that you may have requested.
We may use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To confirm your identity and address
- To understand how our customers’ use our services
- To improve our products and services
- Provide, administer and communicate with you about products, services, and promotions (including newsletters) which we believe may benefit our customers unless you ask us not to
- Process, evaluate and respond to your request (including quote requests, documentation requests), and to follow up enquiries
- Create, administer and communicate with you about your account (including any purchases and payments)
- To give you the possibility to attend seminars, training courses and other events
- Evaluate your interest in employment, and to contact you regarding possible employment
- To ensure customer satisfaction through customer surveys
We will only use our customers information where we’re allowed to by law e.g. carrying out an agreement and providing services for our customers, fulfilling a legal obligation, because we have a legitimate business interest or where our customers agree to it.
3. How we may share your information and why
We do not sell, trade or rent personal data to third parties.
The information you submit is only ever shared with third parties if it is absolutely necessary to complete your request, provide you with access to downloadable software, or as required by law.
4. How long we will keep information
We will keep our customers information for as long as our customer has a relationship with us, or for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, and where we may need it for legitimate purposes i.e. to help us to respond to queries or complaints, or to inform you of new products and services.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers for 6 years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
5. Your rights under GDPR are shown below:
- You can request access to your personal information and data.
- You can request updating of your own personal information and data to keep it accurate.
- You can request personal information and data be deleted or erased.
- You can object to the processing of your personal information and data.
- You can request that we stop processing your information and data.
- You can request the transfer of your personal information and data
- You have the right to withdraw consent
You have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office if you believe your data has been processed in a way that does not comply with the GDPR regulations. We would however appreciate the opportunity to deal with your concerns in the first instance.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We aim to respond to all legitimate requests within 1 month. If your request is particularly complex, or you have made a number of requests and it may take us longer to respond we ill notify you and keep you updated.
6. Who has access to your data
Access to data is controlled in accordance with the data classification levels described in our
Information Security Policy.
Access control methods include explicit logon to devices, Windows share and file permissions to files and folders, user account privileges, server and workstation access rights, firewall permissions, database access rights, encryption and other methods as necessary.
Access control applies to all Hydro-X networks, servers, workstations, laptops, and mobile devices.
- We hold information once you have logged into our website that helps identify your unique ID and helps us deliver content specific to you
We have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control.
When you place an order, the information is encrypted using the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We provide the opportunity for you to be able to customise your marketing preferences and opt-out of one or more types of electronic communications from us at any time. You can unsubscribe via the footer provided in individual electronic communications or contact us directly.
Links to other sites
Our website may contain links to third party websites and applications. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy policies.
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EAA).
Automated decision-making takes place when an electronic system uses personal information to make a decision without human intervention.
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making unless we have a lawful basis for doing so and we have notified you.
We do not envisage that any decisions will be taken about you using automated means, however we will notify you in writing if this position changes.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, our Data Protection Officer (DPO) is Rachel Lee contact details as below;
Hydro-X Holdings Ltd
Unit 3a, Eden Place
Tel: 01909 565133