Aims of the Course
On the completion of the Level 1 Food Safety Course you will:
- Have a basic understanding of food hygiene – the importance of food safety
- Understand the symptoms associated with poor food hygiene
- Understand the laws and regulations business must comply to for food hygiene
- Know how to effectively identify food safety hazards and have the knowledge the prevent these risks
- Know the importance of cleaning and waste management in food hygiene
Who is our Food Safety Training Course suitable for?
This Level 1 Award in Food Safety Training focuses on the Retail sector, and provides an ideal solution to staff induction training including:
- New employees with minimal or no prior food safety knowledge
- Employees handling low-risk or wrapped foods (category A)
- Front of house employees, such as waiting or check out staff
- Back of house employees, such as kitchen porters or warehouse staff
If your job role involves direct contact with the preparation and handling of food you require our Level 2 Food safety courses (also available in the retail, catering and manufacturing sectors).
Course Information and Details
Both food handlers and their employers have a legal duty to manage Food Safety. These obligations are set out by a number of EU and UK Laws.
Our level 1 food safety course provides training on how to minimise potential risks and how to work safely with food. Ensuring staff are aware of the dangers poor food safety standards pose.
After completing this food safety course you will have the ability to help ensure any food sold by your business is safe for consumption.
This particular course focuses on the Retail sector, but we also have other versions of this course for the Catering and Manufacturing sector.
If your job role involves direct contact with the preparation and handling of food you require our Level 2 Food safety courses (also available in the Retail, Catering and Manufacturing sectors).
The course is divided into 4 video-based interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end of each. There is no time constraint on each module, and you may save your progress at any point.
- Food Safety Legislation
- Hazards from Delivery to Service
- Risk Control (Prevention of Contamination)
- Pests, Premises, and People
Level 1 Food Safety Course Assessment
Duration 50 minutes
This is based on the amount of video content shown. It does not account for time answering the questions.
At the end of each module, you will have a number of multiple choice questions to answer based on the content that has been presented to you.
You have 3 attempts to pass each module. If you fail after 3 attempts, the module becomes locked and will need to be unlocked by an administrator. You have 3 ‘unlocks’ over the duration of the course. If you use your 3 ‘unlocks’ you will be deemed to have failed the course and no further attempts will be given.
On successful completion of our Level 1 Food Safety Training Course, a printable certificate will be made immediately available to you to download via our training portal. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
Most people complete this course in 60 minutes
Approved by RoSPA and CPD
Online access 24/7
Instantly download your certificate on completion