Coronavirus – Delegate Updates
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL CLIENTS
UK January Covid Lockdown Update
Updated 5th January 2021
We are proud to be the only training provider in our sector that has remained fully operational throughout the Coronavirus pandemic to support our clients, and ensure the importance of continued Health & Safety Awareness in the work place, and we do not intend for this to change.
In response to the current COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation in the UK, I would like to take this opportunity to reassure our valued customers that Hydro-X Training are taking all precautionary measures in line with current government and NHS guidance. This ensures we continue to offer the best service for you and your business, while assuring the safety of your staff and our team through our robust Covid-Secure safety policies.
We are following all guidance and advice issued by HM Government and Public Health England.
We understand that many organisations and learners are concerned about the continued impact on their training plans of the Coronavirus pandemic and now the UK-wide January-February 2021 lockdown.
I want to take this opportunity to reassure you that we at Hydro-X Training are committed to being available to all who require Health & Safety Critical Training to ensure that staff heath and safety concerns remain a priority, and that prevailing compliance standards are adhered to, even in these challenging times.
We will remain fully operational with our full and flexible training options, and we will continue to manage the risk of COVID-19 in line with Government guidelines where applicable for our in-person training courses. We also have a wide range of accredited live web-conference versions of our popular courses, including City & Guilds and IOSH health and safety courses for those unable or unwilling to attend Covid-Secure face-to-face training.
Our Response To The Pandemic
We are still safely delivering socially-distanced on-site courses and open classroom courses, as well as our unique live web-conference and e-learning alternatives
We take great pride in being an innovative and leading training provider in the UK. At Hydro-X, we have always sought to use and develop the latest and most relevant technology to expand our users’ learning experience, whilst maximising quality, convenience, and value.
Hydro-X Training is still able to deliver our accredited face-to-face on-site and classroom courses following the government’s latest advice on appropriate social distancing measures and making sure that our facilities are structured in such a way that the safety of the delegates is paramount.
We have changed our schedule for the next 3 months to reduce the number of venues delivering our courses so we can ensure that we maintain appropriate control, and have also reduced the number of persons permitted per course to allow for social distancing measures.
Additional cleaning regimes before and after courses have been implemented and hand sanitising facilities will be available throughout our venues.
As an alternative to classroom courses, we remain the only training provider in the UK who are also able to offer ACCREDITED compliance training via our unique live virtual classroom platform.
A Strong Focus On Continued Safe Delivery
Hydro-X Training has remained open and operational throughout the pandemic, and we have worked endlessly behind the scenes to ensure the safety of our delegates and staff, whilst still delivering training of the very highest quality.
Though we are now faced with a second UK-wide lockdown, we are well-prepared, and very little will change as we continue to manage the risk of COVID-19 in line with Government guidelines.
All our staff have received training on the Covid-19 procedures we have adopted, and you can rest assured that we continually review our risk assessments in order to accommodate social distancing and hygiene measures in the following key ways:
- Subject to satisfying Public Health England’s advice on social distancing in the workplace, we are prepared to continue with on-site training at both our classrooms and customer premises. We are still adhering to the government’s guidance on this re: social distancing.
- We have increased the number of available live virtual classroom training courses, where our accreditation permits to minimise face to face interaction and are actively offering these as alternatives to our customers.
- We are following and reviewing public health agency advice on efficient ways to contain the virus.
- We are keeping up to date with government advice and adapting business plans to reflect changes.
- We are scaling up and down our response to new information to ensure a flexible and proportionate response.
- We are actively communicating these plans to employees, customers and suppliers.
- Almost all of our staff are working from home while still providing support to our customers.
- We are reviewing policies and procedures on health reporting, office and personal hygiene protective equipment, social distancing and working hours.
- We are providing additional training to those working in critical areas, so others have the skills to fill in for absent colleagues.
We have established a dedicated working group with representatives across the business, who are monitoring the situation daily and meeting on a minimum of a weekly basis.
To confirm, outside of protecting the health and safety of our colleagues and customers, our primary goal is to fulfill our contractual obligations to customers by continuing to provide high-quality health, safety and compliance training.
If you would like to find out more information, please see the current government information and advice.